- Favad represents business owners, banks, mid-size companies, non-profits, real estate investors, and entrepreneurs in a variety of industries when they are involved in high-stakes litigation. Favad has helped secure dozens of favorable verdicts, orders, and settlements for his clients. Favad practices primarily in Texas state and federal court, but also has appeared before the Texas Fifth Circuit of Appeals in Dallas, Texas State Office of Administrative Hearings in Austin, the Texas Supreme Court, and the Northern and Eastern District of Texas U.S. Bankruptcy Court.
- Favad also represents clients in business and real estate transactions, including negotiating and drafting contracts, negotiating terms for clients, resolving title and other pre-closing matters, and reviewing and negotiating loan documents. Favad is also a fee attorney with Chicago Title and has handled hundreds of commercial and business transactions.
- Prior to founding this firm, Favad worked for a large international law firm and a regional Texas law firm.
- Baylor University School of Law, J.D.
- Baylor Law Review, Frances B. McCall Memorial Academic Scholarship Recipient, Dawson & Sodd Moot Court Competition Top Moot Court Speaker, Leighton B. Dawson Award for Best Appellate Brief, Order of Barristers.
- Summer Clerk at Haynes & Boone, Office of the Solicitor General in the Texas Attorney General's Office, Gray Reed & McGraw.
- Clerkship at U.S. District Court for the Western District of Texas, Chief Judge Walter S. Smith.
- University of Texas at Austin, B.A.
- Bachelor of Arts with honors, University of Texas Student Government, Leadership Board, Liberal Arts Council, Daily Texan columnist.
- Defended group of franchisees in lengthy trial involving leases and franchise agreements for 11 locations against publicly traded franchisor and achieved a verdict favorable to franchisees.
- Lead counsel securing dismissal for gas station and convenient stair chain on Rule 12(b)(6) grounds successfully arguing that claims for manufacturer related liability under the Lanham Act do not apply to a retailer in the Northern District of Texas. Outlaw Lab., LP v. Shenoor Enter., Inc., 371 F. Supp. 3d 355 (N.D. Tex. 2019).
- Lead counsel in case in which he successfully obtained a favorable appellate ruling in the Texas Supreme Court and Fort Worth Court of Appeals affirming the 236th District Court in Tarrant County’s decision denying a Rule 91a motion to dismiss in client’s favor. In re SouthGate Constructors, No. 02-21-00103-CV, 2021 WL 1503474 (Tex. App.—Fort Worth Apr. 16, 2021, no pet.).
- Lead counsel in case in which he successfully obtained favorable ruling from the Dallas Court of Appeals affirming trial court’s decision to deny special appearance due to defendants’ contacts with Texas. Zahraei v. Khosh-Sirat, No. 05-18-00844-CV, 2019 WL 1986628 (Tex. App.—Dallas May 6, 2019, no pet.).
- Lead counsel in case in which he successfully obtained favorable ruling from the Dallas Court of Appeals defending a trial court’s decision denying a motion for new trial on technical procedural grounds. AZS Holding Co. LLC v. Khosh-Sirat, No. 05-18-00845-CV, 2018 WL 5278730 (Tex. App.—Dallas Oct. 24, 2018, no pet.).
- Represent group of defrauded investors in a North Dallas real estate investment fund that raised over $10 million dollars against prominent real estate developer involving claims under the Texas Securities Act as well as common law fraud, breach of contract, breach of fiduciary duty claims in District Court in Dallas County.
- Part of litigation team successfully representing settlement in arbitration proceeding for a holding company serving as a partner in a real estate development entity building a townhome project in Plano, Texas.
- Lead counsel in case against major gas station equipment installer for claims related to construction defect, negligence, and fraud in Tarrant County.
- Lead counsel in obtaining favorable settlement for business owner suing former business partner, a wealthy Iranian national, for equitable claims and fraudulent transfer in Collin County.
- Lead counsel in obtaining favorable settlement for gas station operator against a prominent fuel and energy supplier for various damage to gas station premises in Henderson County.
- Lead counsel in obtaining favorable settlement for hotel owner against former law firm for legal malpractice claims in Navarro County.
- Lead counsel in obtaining favorable settlement for auto lube business against contractor for construction defect related claims in Tarrant County.
- Lead counsel in obtaining dismissal of all claims in premises liability case against a chain of auto lube businesses in Dallas County.
- Lead counsel in gas station and real estate partnership dispute involving various projects, loans, and construction matters in Gregg County.
- Represent Dallas Area Rapid Transit Agency in various day-to-day real estate and title matters involving the Cotton Belt light rail line expansion, construction, acquisition, development, eminent domain related matters, and easement infrastructure.
- Represented seller of approximately fifty auto lube chain businesses to private equity fund in multi-million-dollar asset transaction with lease backs to the seller.
- Represented landlord in extensive ground lease negotiations involving McDonalds Corporation.
- Represented landlord in extensive ground lease negotiations involving Discount Tire.
- Represent major private equity group in managing a portfolio of over 60 auto lube repair and car wash buildings and businesses, including lease, evictions, asset sales, real estate acquisitions and dispositions, refinancing, and various day-to-day transactional and litigation matters.
- Represents major lenders, including two of the largest SBA lenders in the country, in hundreds of commercial real estate loan transactions.
- Represented new developer in Brownsville, Texas to start new projects close to SpaceX and the Port of Brownsville including researching site development, government relations, meeting Brownsville city officials, acquisition, financing, formation of entities, syndication, and compliance.
- Represent commercial developer in various projects in the Mercer Crossing Project near Valley Ranch, TX involving acquisition, site development, title, re-platting, finance, incorporation, and leasing.
- Represent commercial developer in Providence Village, TX in acquisition, financing, sale of parcels of land to various buyers, construction, and disposition.
- Represent residential developer in Frisco luxury residential development in various matters including construction, drafting various agreements, financing, litigation, site development, and day-to-day legal matters.
- Texas Supreme Court
- U.S. Northern District of Texas
- U.S. Western District of Texas
- U.S. Eastern District of Texas
- U.S. Southern District of Texas
- State Bar of Texas
- Dallas Bar Association